Top Posts & Pages
- Why isn't social nudity thriving?
- Finding the courage to enjoy social nudity
- Benefits of social nudity: stress reduction, general health
- Nudity and freedom
- How do women really feel about nudity?
- How (and why) to start a local naturist group
- How controversial is naturism?
- Are you a Naked Person?
- Nature was meant to be experienced naked
- What is "naturism"?
- Jack Gescheidt’s TreeSpirit Project needs supporters to get published April 19, 2017
- New on the blogroll (9/14/16) September 14, 2016
- Is there a human “need” for being naked? June 7, 2016
- How controversial is naturism? May 6, 2016
- Naturism and moral theories April 24, 2016
- Nude modeling session: Another entrance, another exit April 9, 2016
- Review of Skinny Dipping, by Janet Lembke March 8, 2016
- Promoting naturism January 12, 2016
- Unreasonable customs become unreasonable moral rules then unreasonable laws November 25, 2015
- Book review: Naked at Lunch July 25, 2015
- Blogroll additions
- Body acceptance
- Book reviews
- General naturism
- Naked living
- Naturist news
- Naturist philosophy
- Nudity in art
- Nudity in nature
- Online naturism
- Political issues
- Promoting naturism
- Psychology of nudity
- Site news
- Women and nudity
- Young naturists
Category Archives: Naturist philosophy
Or without flowers, singing birds, spring mornings, or hot cherry pie with vanilla ice cream.
In a recent post we found that the concept of “freedom” is quite important in thinking about naturism and nudity. This is rather uncontroversial (among naturists, anyhow). “Freedom” (from clothes) is often cited by naturists as one of the most … Continue reading
And there’s quite a lot to think about in this 10 minute video made by Thomas Lundy: The ideas here are all offered by women, so men may find them somewhat unsettling. But that need not be so. Perhaps you’d … Continue reading
Since we’d just mentioned this topic… There is a well-curated list of the academic literature on social nudity at the TNS site: Academic Studies on Social Nudity. (It spills onto a second page, when one would have sufficed, so don’t … Continue reading
“But aren’t you freaked out about everyone seeing your body’s flaws?” As a naturist, I actually freak out less about that stuff. It’s helped me cope with body issues – and it’s helped me accept the growing baby bump. As … Continue reading
Interviewer: Good evening, everyone. Tonight we have the unique privilege of having Walt Whitman himself sit down with us for a candid interview on his marvelous new poem, “I Sing the Body Electric“. Let’s skip over the usual preliminaries and … Continue reading